Tradeasia International Pte. Ltd. always had a strong bond with basic industrial chemicals and its trading. We have a strong network with Asia Pacific, European Union and Middle East. We provide our customers not only quality product but also extended supply management services
Soda Ash - Overview
Soda Ash is commonly called as sodium carbonate and it’s a sodium salt of carbonic acid. It is a significant economic importance chemical because of its applications in manufacturing glass, chemicals, paper, detergents and many other products.
Sodaash commonly occurs in naturally in three different forms of hydrates such as sodium carbonate decahydrate (Natron), sodium carbonate heptahydrate and sodium carbonate monohydrate (thermonatrite). Sodaash light is a monohydrate form of sodaash and It is manufactured mainly in Europe. It differs from soda ash dense only in physical characteristics such as bulk density, particle size and shape
Properties of Soda Ash
- Soda Ash is a white, anhydrous, powdered or granular material containing more than 99% sodium carbonate.
- It is hygroscopic in nature and forms a strong alkaline water solution.
- It decomposes on heating at high temperature. Anhydrous sodium carbonate loses weight when heated due to dissociation and volatilization.
- Sodium carbonate occurs in three hydrate forms such as sodium carbonate monohydrate, heptahydrate and decahydrate.
- It is an alkali solution that has a high pH in concentrated solutions.
- Sodium carbonate is readily soluble in water.
Soda Ash has a numerous industrial applications such as soap and detergent, chemical, food, and other industries
What We Have