Tradeasia International Pte. Ltd. always had a strong bond with basic industrial chemicals and its trading, but when it comes to Soda Ash the strength of the bond reaches another level. We have a strong network with Asia Pacific, European Union and Middle East. We provide our customers not only quality product but also extended supply management service, product sourcing and price negotiating power.
Soda Ash is commonly called as sodium carbonate and it’s a sodium salt of carbonic acid. It is a significant economic importance chemical because of its applications in manufacturing glass, chemicals, paper, detergents and many other products.
SodaAsh commonly occurs in naturally in three different forms of hydrates such as sodium carbonate decahydrate (Natron), sodium carbonate heptahydrate and sodium carbonate monohydrate (thermonatrite). SodaAsh light is a monohydrate form of sodaAsh. It is manufactured mainly in Europe. It differs from soda ash dense only in physical characteristics such as bulk density, particle size and shape more…
Properties of Soda Ash
- SodaAsh is a white, anhydrous, powdered or granular material containing more than 99% sodium carbonate.
- It is hygroscopic in nature and forms a strong alkaline water solution.
- It is an alkali solution that has a high pH in concentrated solutions.
- It decomposes on heating at high temperature. Anhydrous sodium carbonate loses weight when heated due to dissociation and volatilization.
- Sodium carbonate occurs in three hydrate forms such as sodium carbonate monohydrate, heptahydrate and decahydrate.
- Sodium carbonate is readily soluble in water.